This is the standard cobbler that Troop 97 in Homewood, Alabama likes to cook. It is very similar to what you would find if you search online for Dutch Oven Cobbler. You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- 1 Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- 2 cans of fruit in heavy syrup or pie filler based on flavor
- 1 Stick of real butter cut in squares
- Cinnamon sprinkle on top
- Townhouse chocolate morsels to add to a couple of cobblers for added flare
- 1 round casserole aluminum pan – you don’t have to do this but it makes cleanup much easier. These pans have a deeper side than a pie pan. We get them at Publix.
- Place dutch oven over approximately 15 charcoal briquettes.
- Empty pie filling into aluminum pan
- Spread dry cake mix on top of pie filling and spread evenly
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- Cut butter into squares and distribute on top
- Sprinkle townhouse chocolate morsels for added flare
- Put the lid on the dutch oven and arrange 10 hot charcoal briquettes on top.
- Bake until done.
Some people have used more butter and some have added Sprite. See what you can come up with.